CTS serves individuals with disorders of:
- Speech Production
- Specific sounds are produced incorrectly or inappropriately
- The rate, inflection or melody of speech may be affected.
- Repetitions or stops interrupt speech.
- Facial contortions may occur.
- Listening or understanding is difficult
- Using correct words, grammar or sentence structure is a problem.
- Use of alternative augmentative communication – pictures or a device (iPad)
- Learning to swallow or transition to the adult pattern may be delayed.
- Tongue-thrust patterns cause speech and dental problems.
- Poor nutrition, dehydration, choking and pneumonia can result.
- The quality of sound is poor.
- Voice is difficult (or impossible) to produce.
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluations
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.